After my yarn had become unfathomably tangled to many times to count, it became clear that I needed a knitting bag. I already had some plastic bag handles lying around, so I made a little bag with some stag print cotton fabric I had in my craft stash. I thought the colours of the print went well with the handles, and I always like anything with deer on!
I lined the inside with a plan beige polycotton fabric. The bag is currently playing host to an ongoing dragon shawl project which I've so far unravelled three times...one day it will be finished. One day.
I embroidered into the print a little, to make the antlers and the white fur stand out a little more.
This was a very practical project, but I think it's also quite attractive, and I like how it turned out. It has already proved very useful and I've had far less yarn tangles since I started keeping my projects in this bag, so I think it can be counted as a success.